Standard terms and conditions for attendeesNovember 2016
What you can expect from The Curious Thing:
- Interactive, hands on classes that are really fascinating and always engaging
- Flexibility to book classes one by one, rather than having to commit to a whole term
- Clear and efficient booking systems, and great communication both before and after booking
- Fair fees that seek to cover costs and generate a profit for social good, but that represent great value for money
- An offer of a free place on classes, where available, if your financial circumstance means you’re unable to pay for your attendance
- Clarity and transparency about how profits from classes are used and reinvested for social good
- A commitment to responding to feedback, such as suggestions for future class topics
- Prompt help in case of any complaint, issue or questions
Terms and conditions:
- The Curious Thing takes payment at the time of booking, via our online payment system. We do not typically accept cheque or cash payments, but can be flexible if you are unable to pay online – please ask.
- Free places are reserved on each class for those unable to pay for the cost of classes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend but are unable to pay. We are not able to cover the cost of travel or other associated costs.
- If you have any complaints regarding your class or the tutor, please let us know as soon as possible, and at the latest within two weeks of your class date. This gives us the best chance of resolving issues.
- Occasionally, if attendance rates are very low, or for other reasons, The Curious Thing may take the decision to cancel a class. If this happens, we will let you know as soon as possible, and aim to reschedule the class where possible.
- If a cancellation is made by The Curious Thing, and a reschedule cannot be agreed, we will refund your fees.
- If cancellation is made by you, please let us know as early as possible. We will endeavour to re-sell your place, in which case we will offer a refund or a rescheduled date. If you do not inform us of non-attendance in advance of the class, or if we are unable to re-sell your place, refunds will not be offered.
- We often ask for feedback on classes – please share your thoughts frankly and openly to help us continue to improve our service.
- The Curious Thing is a social enterprise, which reinvests all profits in providing free of charge classes to people who have struggled in formal education. As a new social business, we must aim to balance a wide and diverse range of classes with the objective to make profit to reinvest in social aims. Our relationships with attendees are vital, and we aim to work flexibly, collaboratively, and in response to feedback and suggestions. Please ask if you are unsure about any aspect of these terms, or if you need something different from us.